7 Benefits to using a VoIP Phone System
When it comes to running a business, the budget is always a huge factor. When looking for ways to cut cost, a great option is using a VoIP phone system versus your traditional land line. A VoIP phone is a telephone set designed specifically for use in a voice over IP (VoIP) system by converting standard telephone audio into a digital format that can be transmitted over the Internet, and by converting incoming digital phone signals from the Internet to standard telephone audio. Physically, a VoIP phone set resembles a traditional hard wired or cordless telephone set. It employs the familiar ear and mouth (E&M) arrangement with an earphone (or earpiece) for listening to incoming audio, and a microphone (or mouthpiece) for transmitting audio. Some VoIP phone sets offer enhanced quality audio, comparable to that on compact disc( CD ). A few VoIP phone sets allow for the transmission and reception of image data during calls, so they can be considered video telephones.
Below we list 7 benefits to using a VoIP phone system:
- Save money: the cost of using a VoIP telephone is much cheaper than using a conventional phone. Making long distance phone calls are also cheaper when using a VoIP provider. You also gain the ability to dial out from your cell phone using a designated number so you don’t need a separate work phone for each employee as long as they already have a personal cell phone.
- Portability: Convenience and comfort. Available all over the world. Using any broadband connection, you can log in to your VoIP telephone and you will get a dial tone. VoIP systems are accessible while traveling.
- Flexibility: A VoIP system will also allow you to acquire your own VoIP number, so no matter where you are traveling to, just as long as you have a high speed Internet connection, you are capable of receiving phone calls to your same number.
- Multi-Functional: Aside from making phone calls, you can also conduct videoconferencing calling through your VoIP phone. This allows you to stay in touch with your co-workers and clients to discuss important deals, affairs, meetings, files, documents, agendas, no matter where you are. Even while you are abroad attending to meetings, you still have the capacity to attend other important meetings in the home office without having to worry about being physically present.
- Hold music: If your company often has to put callers on hold, this feature is a necessity. Do not subject your callers to terrible elevator music — or worse, silence. This feature allows you to choose what your callers listen to as they wait.
- Auto attendant: An auto attendant is one of the hidden gems of premium VoIP services. This feature allows callers to interact with a menu to choose an appropriate extension. Your business will suddenly seem more professional and impressive. It’s like having an electronic receptionist!
- Do not disturb: This feature does exactly what its name implies: leaves you undisturbed. You can turn it on to temporarily stop incoming calls to your phone. This becomes especially useful during conferences, lunches, and meetings. Best of all, you can program it so that it does not just ignore callers, but directs them toward voicemail or another destination of your choice.
Annually U.S. businesses lose $26.5 billion to downtown. VoIP will give you a peace of mind—in the event of a service interruption, business can continue remotely because your data is backed up in the cloud for easy retrieval. You can easily cut your phone bill by 50%. Contact us for more information on VoIP phone systems.